Carol Stream Historical Society                 Carol Stream Illinois USA

Home
About Us
History
Upcoming Events
Membership
Board
Displays
Memory Book
Photos/Past Events
"Something Old"
Links
Contact Us

 
 
Historic Farmhouse 

 Anne McGuire and Associates were hired by the Village of Carol Stream in October, 1996 to develop a Preservation Plan for the historic structure located on Lies Road in Carol Stream. Donated by Paquinelli Builders, this building is owned by the Village. Below are listed some of the findings. 

  "Preliminary historic research indicates the site, historically known as the Stark Farm, was developed and farmed in a manner consistent with the farming trends in DuPage County. The house predates 1874. " 

  "The (house) is one of the last remaining farmsteads in the Village. With the donation of the Farmhouse, the Village seeks to preserve the house as a part of its heritage and to make it available for public use. " 

  "The one acre parcel on which the house stands is bounded on the south by Lies Road, on the north and west by new single family housing and on the east by a new park. The site is relatively flat with the house set well back from the road. Some mature trees remain, particularly on the south and west." 

  "The house is a two story gabled "ell" of frame construction on a stone foundation with a basement. On the front, south, gabled end is a one story bay. The original "ell" configuration has undergone several modifications."

Today, the address of this Historic Farmhouse is 301 W. Lies Road, Carol Stream.



 

The Carol Stream Historical Society • (630) 665-0686 •Email
 

2010 Carol Stream Historical Society